Traditional Yellow rice with saffron adds a delightful touch of spain, cuba or the caribbean to menus
Delicately seasoned with a chicken base, onion, garlic, saffron & other spices, yellow rice compliments most any cuisine. Rice and seasonings are completely blended together for easy preparation and flexible serving yields.
For Quick and Easy Paella:
To prepared Yellow Rice, stir in cooked shrimp, diced cooked chicken and cooked green peas. Heat thoroughly and serve.
To retain vitamins do not rinse or drain after cooking.
1. Combine boiling water, butter, rice and seasoning in shallow baking pan. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly and bake in 350ºF. oven until most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes in conventional oven or 25 minutes in convection oven.
3. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
STOVE TOP METHOD
1. Bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning. Reduce heat.
2. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer rice and all remaining liquid to serving pan. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
• For firmer rice, decrease water and cooking time slightly.
• For softer rice, increase water and cooking time slightly.
• Leftover rice may be refrigerated.
• To reheat, add 1/4 cup hot water per quart of cooked rice. Cover and heat on low temperature.
• Can be reheated without extra water in microwave or in colander over boiling water.
To find foodservice recipe options from the Think Rice website, browse here.
Contact Foodservice/Consumer Products Office
Contact us so we can get you talking to the right person and get you the information you need.
523 Louisiana Street, Suite M200
Little Rock, AR 72201