THIS CLASSIC CHICKEN-FLAVORED BLEND OF PARBOILED RICE AND TOASTED ORZO IS A CLASSIC
A savory chicken flavored blend of premium parboiled rice and plump toasted orzo pasta.
To cooked Rice Pilaf add:
- Sautéed sliced mushrooms
- Toasted almonds or cashews
- Cooked vegetables
- Chopped water chestnuts and chives
- Chopped chicken and herbs
- Cooked green peas
- Chopped green onion
- Artichoke hearts
- Sautéed chopped green bell pepper and onions
- PLAIN - As an accompaniment to poultry, fish, or beef.
- STUFFING - Use as a stuffing for poultry or fish.
- SHRIMP/SALAD – Combine cooled, prepared Rice Pilaf with fresh cooked shrimp, fresh chopped onions, tomatoes, green peppers, cucumbers, and fresh chopped parsley. Add olive oil and balsamic vinegar to taste.
- HOPPIN JOHN – Combine prepared Rice Pilaf with black-eyed peas and crumbled, cooked bacon. Garnish with fresh tomatoes and green onions.
- PEPPERED PILAF – To prepared Rice Pilaf add toasted pine nuts and sautéed chopped or sliced red pepper.
To retain vitamins do not rinse or drain after cooking.
1. Combine boiling water, butter, rice and seasoning in shallow baking pan. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly and bake in 350ºF. oven until most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes in conventional oven or 25 minutes in convection oven.
3. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
STOVE TOP METHOD
1. Bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning. Reduce heat.
2. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer rice and all remaining liquid to serving pan. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
• For firmer rice, decrease water and cooking time slightly.
• For softer rice, increase water and cooking time slightly.
• Leftover rice may be refrigerated.
• To reheat, add 1/4 cup hot water per quart of cooked rice. Cover and heat on low temperature.
• Can be reheated without extra water in microwave or in colander over boiling water.
To find foodservice recipe options from the Think Rice website, browse here.
Contact Foodservice/Consumer Products Office
Contact us so we can get you talking to the right person and get you the information you need.
523 Louisiana Street, Suite M200
Little Rock, AR 72201