A ROBUST BLEND OF PARBOILED RICE AND VEGETABLES WITH SOUTH-OF-THE-BORDER FLAVOR
A robust blend of premium parboiled rice, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion and seasonings. Pre-measured ingredients for easy prep and consistency.
To cooked Spanish Rice add:
- Sliced black olives
- Diced avocado
- Chopped fresh tomato
- Chopped green chilies
- Chopped jalapeño peppers
- Whole kernel corn
- Browned beef, chicken, or sausage
- Diced artichoke hearts
- Shredded white or cheddar cheese
- Sautéed green bell pepper and onions
- Chopped cilantro
- PLAIN - As an accompaniment to poultry, fish, or beef.
- CHICKEN RICE MEXICALI - To prepared Spanish Rice, fold in chopped chicken, whole kernel corn, sautéed green bell pepper and onions.
- SPICY GAZPACHO SALAD – Combine cooled, prepared Spanish Rice with freshly chopped onions, tomatoes, green bell peppers, cucumbers, and fresh chopped cilantro. Add olive oil and red wine vinegar to taste.
- HUEVOS RANCHEROS – Place 1 cup prepared Spanish Rice on serving plate. Smooth rice to cover 3/4 of the plate. Top with 2 fried eggs, spoon prepared salsa on top; garnish with fresh cilantro.
To retain vitamins do not rinse or drain after cooking.
1. Combine boiling water, butter, rice and seasoning in shallow baking pan. Stir well.
2. Cover tightly and bake in 350ºF. oven until most of liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes in conventional oven or 25 minutes in convection oven.
3. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
STOVE TOP METHOD
1. Bring water and butter to a boil. Stir in rice and seasoning. Reduce heat.
2. Cover tightly and simmer 20-25 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
3. Transfer rice and all remaining liquid to serving pan. Stir to distribute seasonings. Cover and keep warm (140º to 160ºF.) until serving time. Fluff with fork before serving.
To find foodservice recipe options from the Think Rice website, browse here.
• Other Producers Products •
Contact Foodservice/Consumer Products Office
Contact us so we can get you talking to the right person and get you the information you need.
523 Louisiana Street, Suite M200
Little Rock, AR 72201